Sure, we are going to promote buying wind chimes on our wind chime company’s blog. This is pretty obvious, right? Right! However, as much as we want your business, if you already have wind chimes and aren’t looking for a new set- please still read on. You see, there are many benefits of having a set of wind chimes and we are more about education than profit!
Wind chimes reduce stress and promote relaxation and calmness. The sounds are considered to have a healing effect on body and mind. They relieve fatigue and encourage listening, creativity and upbeat feelings. The tones that reverberate through the chimes are believed to unblock emotional stress and bring a feeling of inner peace and conscious awareness.
Wind chimes make beautiful garden décor. The sounds created by wind chimes lure visitors to the garden and sooth them during their visit! Your garden will always look and sound beautiful when you incorporate wind chimes.
Create positive energy! Yes, wind chimes are said to carry the spirits of the dead and ward off evil. If you believe this is possible, then wind chimes will help bless your home with positive energy and ward off negative thoughts or occurrences (yes, many of our customers are believers).
Wind chimes create musical and visual hypotonic states of being. They can lower blood pressure, relieve stress and promote beauty without effort. They also make for wonderful gifts!
Until next time,
Stephen Betzen of EcoWindChimes.com
Most people know our American-made wind chimes are also sourced in the USA. They are designed to last a lifetime and made out of products that can be recycled. Preserving the environment is extremely important to the company. It is our job to take care of the planet and be responsible with any endeavors we’re charged with, from owning a business and creating earth-friendly products to ensuring coffee cups are tossed in the recycling bin when we’re done with our morning beverages.
It occurred to us that not everyone is aware of the top three things to recycle, which is why we here at EcoWindChimes.com are listing them below.
- All Office Depot, Staples, and Best Buy stores accept larger electronics like desktop computers for recycling for a small fee and smaller ones like cell phones and PDAs for free. Goodwill stores accept used computer equipment (some locations also accept televisions) for free. They will help you recycle or resell the products. The Environment Protection Agency says recycling a single computer saves 1.35 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions from being released into the atmosphere. So, instead of chucking your old electronics to make room for your upgrades, recycle them or give them to Goodwill to resell them. ** Your donation to Goodwill IS tax deductible.
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs use 75 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs, but they contain a small amount of mercury and shouldn’t be thrown in the trash. CFLs in landfills can break and release mercury, a neurotoxin, into the environment. Don’t toss the bulbs, however, into the glass recycling bin. Instead, drop them off at Home Depot- they have a program to accept these bulbs.
- Plastic bags. If you are not using the mesh reuseable shopping bags by now, at least recycle your plastic bags. Many grocery stores are offering recycling bins rights at the front of the store. So, unload your groceries and reload the used bags into your car. This makes it easier to bring them back for recycling on your next trip! Plastic bags are made from petroleum, a non-renewable resource, and when thrown away they take a very long time to decompose. Recyclers will turn them into new products like plastic lumber.
We here at EcoWindChimes.com recently read a fan email about the wellness wind chime. Curious, we decided to do some investigating. The wellness wind chime can be made from any wind chime, rather- you can turn any wind chime into a wellness wind chime. Here’s how;
First, hang the wind chime in the north east corner of your living room.
Next, chant the phrase “peace, love, harmony, wealth” for ten minutes straight.
Next, chant the phrase “health, happiness, harmony” for another ten minutes.
Do this daily, Monday through Sunday, for a month straight. This is twenty minutes of your life well worth investing in creating a more peaceful and healthy environment for yourself.
On day thirty one, take the wind chime down and then hang it outside your house- right above the front door. You then want to go inside and grate the zest of a lemon into a warm bath. Soak in the bath for a half of an hour thinking only of your past month with the wind chime.
Many people swear this interesting take on wellness really works. So, if you are battling emotional or physical issues, it is worth a try. The procedure may not be a cure, but at the very least it will relax you.
Stephen Betzen, Eco Wind Chimes
Happy Memorial Day! We were recently asked what our top three selling wind chimes are. Well, they vary by season but it was a great question. This question is the inspiration for today’s blog post and we were publishing our top 5 best-selling wind chimes of all time.
#1 Little Gracenotes Earthsong Black Wind Chimes: The Eastern-influenced melody of this little black wind chime will invite you to pause at the end of a busy day, to appreciate the little blessings in our lives. http://www.ecowindchimes.com/Little-Gracenotes-Earthsong-Black-Wind-Chimes-p/1lgnb.htm
#2. Medium Autumn Malkaus Wind Chime. Fabien’s Autumn Malkaus chime harmonizes the element of metal, which empowers the lungs, according to principles of Chinese Medicine. This chime includes an engraved windplate with the phrase “Feel the light and compassion of autumn”. http://www.ecowindchimes.com/Medium-Autumn-Malkaus-Wind-Chimes-p/1mat.htm
#3. Earthsong Slate Wind Chimes. This scale is a fitting match for the natural slate used in this chime. This little chime sings a beautiful melody that combines intonations from the East and West. http://www.ecowindchimes.com/Slate-Earthsong-Wind-Chimes-p/1lgns.htm
#4. Soprano Gypsy Windchimes. Made by Music of the Spheres using only the finest harmonic aluminum tubing, this wind chime is destined to hold a special place in your heart for years to come. http://www.ecowindchimes.com/Soprano-Gypsy-Windchimes-p/gs.htm
#5. Westminster Wind Chime. Pealing the familiar tones of London’s “Big Ben”, this chime emulates the rich harmonics of cathedral bells. http://www.ecowindchimes.com/Westminster-Wind-Chime-p/w.htm
We here at EcoWindChimes.com love the thought of relaxation. Positive energy and being calm and quiet is exactly what we are all about.
One way you can relax, however, without wind chimes is in a nice warm bath with great smelling bath salts. We are all about providing free, eco-friendly DIY projects on our blog, which is why we are using today’s post to help our fans and customers develop and relax in their own bath salt creations.
The most relaxing and beneficial to the skin recipe we have is our Oatmeal Lavender bath salts. To make, you simply have to mix a combination of the soothing natural (not instant) oatmeal (about a two cups) with 2 cups of Epsom salt and a drop of lavender essential oil. Now, if you don’t like lavender you can certainly use whatever scent you like.
Not a fan of oatmeal baths? It’s OK. You can use the same combination of ingredients minus the oatmeal. Oatmeal soothes the skin and helps with dry skin but isn’t needed to make bath salts. Regardless if you do or do not use the oatmeal, place three to four tablespoons of the bath salts under hot bathwater (about half way full) and then let the bath finish filling. Don’t get into the bathtub until it is full with water and the salts have partially dissolved.
Until next time,
Stephen Betzen with EcoWindChimes
We here at EcoWindChimes.com are all about relaxation, it’s why we sell American-made wind chimes. Since the summer season is almost here, especially with Memorial Day coming up, we wanted to dedicate a blog post to the top 10 ways to relax outdoors – with or without wind chimes!
- Host a bike party. Biking is a repetitive motion that promotes relaxation and thought clarity. Go in a group so you stay motivated.
- Walk to work. Most places, South West not included, still remain “walkable” during the summer months. Walking to work gets your creative juices flowing while helping you relax and stay in shape.
- Fishing. Even if you play Catch and Release, fishing is a great way to help ease your nerves and it helps put challenges into perspective.
- Swimming. Yes, even if you are going to float on your back, there is something healing and organic about spending an hour in the sun and the water. Regardless if you are at a pool or in the ocean – swimming will help you de-stress.
- Host an nighttime picnic dinner. You will be amazed at the relaxation wonders that come with sitting around a picnic table at night, in warm weather, with good food and a glass of wine.
- Walk the dog. It is good for you and your furry friend. Plus, you become focused on walking the dog, which relaxes the senses and promotes thought productivity instead of worry.
- Pick wild flowers. Can’t find wild flowers? Try starting an herb garden and then pick the herbs when they grow. There is something about getting your hands dirty in the warm weather that is very therapeutic.
- Play a board game outside. Yes, you can relax with a get together outside. Playing a board game or cards will help you ease tension and put you outside with a friend to talk any problems or stress away.
- Collect rocks. Yes, rock collecting may sound odd but it helps you spy on certain shapes or colors you want in rocks. This distraction is a form of meditation and can help you relax.
- Hang a clothes line. This activity will help you save money on electricity or gas and your clothes will dry brighter or whiter. Plus, you will inhale warm outdoor air, which is very relaxing.
Until next time,
Stephen Betzen of EcoWindChimes.com
Father’s Day is coming up shortly in June. Sure, we just settled down with Mother’s Day and here is another holiday. While we hope everyone returns to our online store (EcoWindChimes.com) to purchase dad a wind chime, we know some children will want to make their own gift for dad. Well, if this is the case know that you can still make wind chimes!
One of our favorite wind chimes to make is the pencil wind chimes. One of our customer’s father is an avid pencil biter. Well, she collected pencils from around the house without his knowledge. Pencils he had bitten. She took some wire and lopped it around each pencil, and creatively hung the wire against a wooden plaque that read “Dad.” He loved it! This was truly a wind chime that reflected dad’s personality!
There are so many YouTube videos dedicated to creating and making your own wind chimes. I highly encourage you to perform a search on YouTube to discover what type of DIY wind chime will work perfect for you this up and coming Father’s Day.
Remember, if you are not into DIY projects- order with us. We are always running specials and a portion of all sales is donated to our Kiva store.
Stephen Betzen of Eco Wind Chimes
One of the common items sent in to us at EcoWindChimes.com are wind chime videos. People find them on YouTube or shoot them themselves and then they send us the videos. Well, we went through some of the videos we receive via Twitter, Facebook or email and decided to repost of our favorites below. Enjoy! Stephen Betzen of EcoWindChimes.com
#1. Wind chime meditation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9zbescxQAQ
#2. Make your own wind chimes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqrsNYLofCo
#3. Duh! Girl, Upcycled wind chimes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVih18–5A
There are many cultures who believe wind chimes can deliver wealth. While we do not sell specific wind chimes meant to carry money, any of our wind chimes will work for this ceremonial process.
You see, we here at EcoWindChimes.com not only believe in trusting the traditions of past years. To help you identify how to use wind chimes to increase positive energy, leading an influx of money, keep reading.
First, the quality of the wind chime is very important. Expensive wind chimes are often better cared for and establish a wealth standard, regardless if one exists or not. Once you have your wind chimes hang them in the west, northwest and north sections of the home. Yes, inside the home. Money wind chimes should always be in the home regardless of what type, brand or color wind chime you buy. Hanging a wind chime in the home creates positive energy, peace and a sense of wealth!
TIP: north-facing windows usually receive less light and these rooms can be dark and dreary. If possible, try to use metal wind chimes for this process because they are effective in enhancing careers, creativity and the welfare of children. Don’t have metal wind chimes? Don’t panic, say a blessing over the wind chimes and all will be good.
EcoWindChimes.com is promising you will hit the lottery once you hang wind chimes in your home. However, we will say your positive energy increases upon doing so and from there so does everything else in your life.
Stephen Betze, EcoWindChimes.com
Mother’s Day is coming up. While we here at EcoWindChimes.com know you have already ordered Mom a great wind chime for Mother’s Day 2014, we wanted to use today’s blog to share how to prepare a relaxing bath when you can’t be near your wind chimes.
- Add Lavender to your bath. It smells wonderful and has a natural calming effect.
- Have soft towels available. Don’t buy cheap towels that are not comforting when you step out of a bath. The fabric makes a huge difference.
- Use an inflatable bath pillow when in the bath for ultimate comfort.
- Sit in the bathtub with a plastic glass of wine or a non-alcoholic smoothie. Even if you don’t drink it, the drink near the tub adds a luxury feeling to the experience, which is calming in itself.
- Make sure you apply salt facial during your bath. This simply is taking a little bit of salt and making a paste with the bath water in the palm of your hand. Scrub your face, not near your eyes, for a skin peeling and relaxing in-bath facial.
These tips will help you create a great and relaxing bath experience. Print this blog and share them with mom this Mother’s Day.